Posted on 26/04/2017
After the grand inauguration of the Suvarna Vidhana Soudha (SVS) at Belgaum in the year 2012, many drastic changes and benefits has taken place in the Northern Karnataka region. Few are the points that I would like to mention:
- Belgaum has become the second capital of karnataka after Bangalore.
- Huge capital investment about Rs 1.5 to 2 crore per day to run the legislative session for 10-15 days during winter. Therefore an increase in economic boon of the district.
- The Belgaum city just turns into a decorative bridal for the entire 15-20 days, huge decorations and the city looks marvelous.
- The city welcomes the politicians and other delegates through red carpet, with all 3 star and 5 star hotels booked for the next 15-20 days, leading to huge city monthly turnover.
- The city attracts foreign tourists and the SVS looks like the historical building.
- The major transport (Road, Rail and Air) commuting between the Bangalore and Mumbai is affected too, due to large chunks of people visiting Belgaum.
- Major issues of the north Karnataka are discussed and given top most priority, and the people felt that they are not being neglected.
- Strong rules and demand for Kannada speaking in the Belgaum district.
- Backward regions and people can come up with their problems in Janaspandhana Programs (Interaction between the Chief Minister of the state and people).
- Social and economic impact in the Global investors considering the huge support from Karnataka State Government.
- Huge money in educational and hospitality infrastructure investment done by government.
With this information I would strongly recommend a same mini secretariat to be setup in the Jodhpur city (marwad region) as these above mentioned changes can be expected too here, leading to the region upliftment and growth. Join the Hands with the team to bring one such change in this region, rather than depending on the government..